Updated 103 days ago
- Age: 97 years
- ID: 4272188/124
St Gregory's Parish House, 246 Blackpool Road, Deepdale, Preston, PR1 6HQ, Lancashire, United Kingdom
The Diocese of Lancaster was formed in 1924, and on Sunday 14th December 1924 the first Mass in the new parish of St Gregory the Great was celebrated by the Very Rev Dean Pyke from the English Martyrs and at an evening service Fr Prescott was inducted as Parish Priest...
The present church building was completed in 1936 and consecrated on the 24th June the same year. The church was re-ordered after the Second Vatican Council. We have a Parish Social Centre. We are especially proud of our lively and thriving Primary School. The first presbytery was a large farmhouse standing near the site of the present grotto...
St Gregory's Roman Catholic Church Preston - Enlivening the parish community, hold everyone together, promote inclusion, participation and Parish activities.
Also known as: St Gregory's