A. J. TOMASI NURSERIES
Updated 13 days ago
299 Oak St. Pembroke, Ma. 02359
In 1949, Alfred Joseph Tomasi (1921-1994) started a single proprietor landscape company. His home on Conrad Street in Braintree, MA served as company headquarters until the mid 1950's when he acquired a 5-acre parcel of land on Route 37 in the Braintree Highlands. This fertile land was planted with young nursery stock and his workforce of installation crews used this as their base of operation...
In 1960, Alfred purchased a small piece of business property on the Braintree-Randolph line where he opened his first Garden Center. The retail facility was stocked with the nursery stock he grew in the Highlands and other materials brought in from the finer nurseries on the east coast. This Garden Center served him well until the late sixties when it was apparent he had to expand into a larger facility to accommodate his growing retail business and need to be closer to his landscape customer base.
Also known as: A. J. Tomasi Nurseries, Inc.