HILLCREST CHRISTIAN CHURCH
Updated 271 days ago
1130 Hillcrest Road Bedford, IN 47421
1966 … bell bottom blue jeans and the Beatles. Spiritual upheaval and political unrest. Civil uprisings and civil rights. And in the midst of these tumultuous times, in a basement in Bedford, Indiana, several Christians gathered to start something good. They gathered to create a new arm of the Lord's church, a new church in the city. Early organizational meetings were held with the support and encouragement of the Limestone Christian Ministers' Fellowship. Weekly meetings for information and fellowship soon began in the basement of the Ralph Stultz family home. The church was planted. In the summer of 1966, John Gillum and family were called to minister to the small growing congregation. After weeks of calling and preparation, a crusade led by the Vernon Brothers in the high school auditorium gave birth to the Hillcrest Christian Church. Hillcrest officially began on October 16, 1966 with 36 members and grew to 54 charter members by year's end. On August 22, 1966 ground was broken for..