DEPARTMENT OF PLANT PATHOLOGY

Updated 58 days ago
  • ID: 30941932/9
Unsure of which insect you are dealing with? Use the Insect ID tool to narrow down the possibilities by selecting images that match it's characteristics. Click one of the buttons above to start... Welcome to MSU Turf Insects.net. This site is intended to aid in diagnosing turf damage caused by insects and other animals. Healthy turf and soil support a large and diverse community of insects. Only about 3% of all insects found in turfgrass are pests. The remaining 97% are predators, parasites, scavengers or decomposers. Also, the presence of a few pest insects does not mean that you have a problem. Most lawns have a few turf pests but the level of infestation is far below the density of pests needed to cause visible turf injury. This website will help you to learn how to scout for turf pests, the injury they cause, and how to determine if enough pests are present to cause significant turf damage.
  • 0
  • 0
Interest Score
1
HIT Score
0.33
Domain
msuturfinsects.net

Actual
www.msuturfinsects.net

IP
35.8.12.31

Status
OK

Category
Other
0 comments Add a comment